This is an appreciation and gratitude post.
Our governments are failing at preventing the spread of SARS-CoV-2 and containing the COVID-19 pandemic. Slow reactions, public appeasement policies, and their urge to stabilize the economy are keeping them from taking the measures it takes to protect millions from this disease. It is time for us, as citizens of this earth, to take action now and do our part in fighting COVID-19.[sc name=”yuvaaninarticle”]
With no well-studied treatment and a viable vaccine still being out at least another year, the only effective way to keep the corona-virus epidemic at bay is to give the virus less chances of spreading. The following list of actions, ordered from easiest to implement to most effective in the fight against the pandemic, should serve as a set of loose guidelines for people who wish to join the movement and take action, where the people in charge continue to neglect.[sc name=”yuvaaninarticle”]
- Don’t panic, but be alert.
- Wash your hands often and practice good cough and sneeze etiquette.
- Try to touch your face as little as possible, including your mouth, nose, and eyes.
- Practice social distancing, no hugs and kisses, no handshakes, no high fives. If you must, use safer alternatives.
- Do not attend concerts, stage plays, sporting events, or any other mass entertainment events.
- Refrain from visiting museums, exhibitions, movie theaters, night clubs, and other entertainment venues.
- Stay away from social gatherings and events, like club meetings, religious services, and private parties.
- Reduce your amount of travel to a minimum. Don’t travel long distances if not absolutely necessary.
- Do not use public transportation if not absolutely necessary.
- If you can work from home, work from home. Urge your employer to allow remote work if needed.
- Replace as many social interactions as possible with remote alternatives like phone calls or video chat.
- Do not leave your home if not absolutely necessary.
Please keep in mind there is no right or wrong amount of actions to take. Only take the actions that you feel comfortable with and that do not endanger your livelihood. Do not quit your job over this! However, keep in mind that every action helps.
In the meanwhile, its time to say thank you to all the peoples helping us stay alert. #ManyThanksForYourHelp is a movement to show our gratitude to all the govt/non govt peoples helping us stay away from the deadly virus.[sc name=”yuvaaninarticlenew”]
- Doctors & nurses who are working day and night to fight Corona
- Security guards in malls, airports, metros, public places who are frisking people for security
- Airport and Train staffs who are not panicking from crowds
- Indian Air force team which went to Wuhan to rescue Indians stranded in China
- The team of doctors who have gone to Italy to rescue stranded Indians
- Indian officials working in Italy, China, South Korea, worst affected places who are not running away from duty
- For those who are relentlessly cleaning streets, roads, platforms, stations, airports, etc. so that Corona doesn’t spread
- Domestic helpers who are cleaning houses
If you care about this cause, please share it on social media, via email or just tell your friends and family about it. Say #ManyThanksForYourHelp.[sc name=”yuvaaninarticle”]