This is a guest post from our friends over at Wave.video who knows a thing or two about creating video!!!! When it comes to content marketing, you should spend at least as much time promoting your content as you spend on its creation. The numbers might vary (some say the rule should really be 20/80) but the bottom line is the same: without promotion, your content won’t get as stellar a result as it might. Chances are, you already promote your content on social media platforms or via email newsletters. Add another powerful tool to your arsenal – video. Posts with video get more engagement, and 50% of viewers want to see more videos from the brands that they follow. [sc name=”yuvaaninarticle”] Here are 7 easy ways of how video can help you promote your blog content.[sc name=”yuvaaninarticle”] Creating videos from blog posts is a great tactic because you already have all the content. Simply repurpose your article text into a script and shoot a talking head video. If you feel uncomfortable on camera, use a tool like Wave.video to make a video online. Once your video is ready, post it on YouTube and add a link back to the original blog post from the video description. This way, you are giving your viewers a chance to learn more about the topic and driving traffic back to your website. [sc name=”yuvaaninarticle”]GIFs are marketers’ best friends. Not only are they cute and catchy, but they also help you improve click-through rates and conversions. Next time you send out a newsletter with a new article, try embedding an animated GIF. Don’t forget to insert a link that would lead back to the article. If the article has a video, make sure to add a Play button to the GIF. This way, your readers will know right away that there is a video they can watch in the article and be more likely to click. [sc name=”yuvaaninarticle”]Here are a few ideas on how you can create a teaser video for your blog post:
1. Shoot videos for the most popular blog postsOftentimes, marketers just don’t know where to start with videos. In fact, as we found out from our recent study, this is the #1 reason why marketers fail at the video.
[sc name=”yuvaaninarticle”]If you want to get the best results from your video marketing effort, start by making videos for the best-performing blog posts. Since they are already driving a significant amount of traffic, it’s the sign that they are well-written and of interest to the audience. To find out what your best-performing pieces of content are, head over to your Google Analytics, then choose the report Behavior > Site Content > Landing pages and filter by the blog pages.
2. Embed a GIF in the emailWhile technically GIFs are not video, they do surely look like a short video clip. They are fun, engaging, and show your audience you speak their language.
3. Create a short teaser video and share it on TwitterOn their business blog, Twitter revealed that tweets with videos get 10X more engagement than tweets without. To take advantage of this great opportunity, make sure you accompany at least some of your blog promotion tweets with video. The videos that you make for Twitter don’t have to belong. In fact, the ideal length of a Twitter video is no longer than 45 seconds.
- Share the title of the article and one powerful quote
- Add the article subtitles as text on video, to give your viewers an idea of what they will be able to find in the blog post
- If you featured a guest author in your blog post, add her/his picture to the video along with a quote
- You can even record a short video of yourself where you can briefly talk about the main idea of the article